Last updated: November 13, 2015
Please read this Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”) carefully, as it constitutes a legally binding agreement and applies to your use of (a) www.whatdesk.com and all corresponding domains, subdomains, web pages and websites associated therewith (the “Site”) and (b) any other content, applications, features, functionality, information and services offered on or though the Site (the foregoing subsections (a) and (b) are collectively referred to herein as the “Services”), which are offered to you by Whatdesk (“Whatdesk,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
Whatdesk is an online platform that allows clients to interact with their customers via chat and SMS. We allow our clients to purchase phone numbers and SMS credits through their administrative interfaces. Whatdesk is developed and owned by Ekaltel, LLC, a Delaware company.
2. ELIGIBILITY. In order to use the Services, you (a) must be 18 years of age of older and (b) You must be a natural person or a natural person representing a company, association or other organization. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are in violation of these Terms and will be immediately terminated. By using the Services, you represent, warrant and covenant to Whatdesk that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirements and further acknowledge and agree that certain features of the Services may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements and restrictions.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT. We may modify this Agreement from time to time with or without notice to you for any reason. We will provide or display notices of material changes on the Services and/or e-mail you or notify you upon login about these changes, provided that the form of such notice is at our discretion. Once we post or make available such changes on the Services, these changes become effective immediately and if you use the Services after they become effective it will signify your agreement to be bound by such changes. Please check back frequently and review this Agreement regularly so you are aware of the most current rights and obligations that apply to you.
5. USER REGISTRATION. In order to access and use certain content, features, or functionality of the Services, we may require that you register for the applicable Services and have a unique username and password combination (“User Credentials”) and provide certain additional information, which may include, without limitation, your name, email address, telephone number payment information, etc. (collectively, a “User Account”). You represent and warrant that all registration and account information you submit is truthful and accurate and you shall maintain and promptly update the accuracy of such information. Further, if you elect to become a registered User of the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Credentials, and you shall be responsible and liable for any access to or use of the Services by you or any person or entity using your User Credentials, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you or on your behalf, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. It is therefore critical that you do not share your User Credentials with anyone, and you should use particular caution when accessing your User Account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your User Credentials or access your User Account. You agree to immediately notify Whatdesk of any unauthorized use of your User Credentials or User Account, or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any User of the Services if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access any User Account or element of the Services.
6. WHATDESK PAYMENTS.
A. Whatdesk allows Users to purchase phone numbers and SMS credits through their administrative interfaces. Our Users can collect payments from their customers by sending them a link to a payment page through chat or SMS. To the extent you choose to make payments related to Whatdesk services, you represent and warrant that (i) you are 18 years of age or older and (b) you agree to pay, in full, any and all applicable fees and charges (including, without limitation, fees related to Service plans, SMS credits and Payment processing fees and all applicable taxes) as they become due, and your failure to pay any such fees may result in the termination of your User Account. Whatdesk does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. All Fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties associated with your use of the Services, other than on Whatdesk’s income. You agree to pay for any such taxes that might be applicable to your use of the Services and payments made by you herein.
If You upgrade Your Plan or increase the number of Agents associated with your Account during Your Subscription Term, any incremental Charges associated with such Upgrade will be prorated over the remaining period of Your then current Subscription Term.
B. You may cancel your paid subscription at any time by clicking on the “billing” link on the dashboard when logged in. The billing page provides a link to cancel your account. The cancellation of your paid subscription will occur at the end of your current paid up period.
Whatdesk may terminate your account without notice in the event that you breach any of these Terms and cancellation will take effect immediately. Following the termination or cancellation of your subscription to the Service and/or Account, Whatdesk reserves the right to delete all the account related Data in the normal course of operation. Data cannot be recovered once the Account is cancelled.
Whatdesk DOES NOT guarantee refunds on any payments related to your use of the Whatdesk services, including, without limitation, for lack of usage, downgrade or dissatisfaction.
C. You acknowledge and agree that we may utilize certain third party operational service providers, including, without limitation, third-party payment systems, in connection with your use of Whatdesk. All purchases made through these third party operational service providers are subject to their respective terms and conditions of use. Whatdesk makes no guarantees or representations regarding the performance or fairness of these third party operational service providers, including any third-party payment services, and we encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online transaction with any of these third parties. Prices are subject to change without notice. Additional terms may apply to your access to and use of Whatdesk’s third party operational service providers all such terms are deemed Additional Terms and incorporated herein by reference.
D. Whatdesk does not store any credit card information. Our clients collect payments from their customers by sending them a link to a payment page through chat or SMS. These charges are facilitated through Stripe, a third-party payment processing service. Whatdesk users must agree and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service. Whatdesk users must expressly consent to this Stripe Connected Account Agreement and Terms of Service. By agreeing to this Agreement, or continuing to operate as a User of Whatdesk and its services, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of Whatdesk enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Whatdesk accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Whatdesk to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
Whatdesk may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. Whatdesk (and/or its licensors) own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including, without limitation, all audio/visual content, artwork, photographs, illustrations, graphics, logos, copy, text, computer code, software, music, data, user interfaces, visual interfaces, information, materials, and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Services, including, without limitation, the design, selection, sequence, look and feel, and arrangement of the Services, and any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, patent rights, database rights and/or other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights therein (including with respect to any content contained and/or made available in any advertisements or information presented to you via the Services). The Services are to be used solely for your non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-commercial and limited personal use in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and for no other purposes, and except as expressly authorized by Whatdesk herein and/or set forth in Additional Terms, you shall not, nor shall you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit or otherwise) to, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third-party website or platform), or otherwise use, the Services, including, without limitation, any content therein, without the express, prior written consent of Whatdesk or its owner if Whatdesk is not the owner. You further understand and agree that the framing or scraping of or in-line linking to the Services and/or the use of webcrawler, spidering or other automated means to access, copy, index, process and/or store any content made available on or through the Services other than as expressly authorized by us is prohibited. You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols (e.g., Robot.txt, Automated Content Access Protocol (ACAP), etc.) that may be used in connection with the Services.
9. RULES FOR USING THE SERVICES. The Services are to be used solely for your non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, and non-commercial use and for no other purposes. You are solely responsible for your conduct in connection with the Services.
license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Service available to any third party, other than authorized Agents and End-Users involved in the normal course of Your internal business operations as expressly permitted by these Terms
alter, delete or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other notices contained on the Services, and/or modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any part of the Services, whether in whole or in part, or create any derivative works from any part of the Services, or encourage, assist or authorize any other person in doing so;
except as expressly authorized by Whatdesk and set forth in Additional Terms, you shall not, nor shall you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit or otherwise) to, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third-party website or platform), or otherwise use, the Services, including, without limitation, any content therein, without the express, prior written consent of Whatdesk or its owner if Whatdesk is not the owner;
engage in or encourage conduct that (a) would violate any applicable law or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, moral, publicity or other rights of ours or of any other third party, (b) affects adversely or reflects negatively on Whatdesk, its affiliates, the Services, our goodwill, name or reputation or causes duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, and/or (c) discourages any person or entity from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Services, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Services;
modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, function, operation or maintenance of the Services or the rights or use or enjoyment of the Services by any other User;
impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise represent your affiliation with a person or entity; and/or
solicit passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users or engage in spamming, flooding, harvesting of email addresses or other personal information, “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “phishing”, “database scraping”, or any other activity with the purposes of obtaining lists of other Users or other information.
use the Service to store or transmit any “protected health information” as is defined in 45 C.F.R. 160.103.
DO NOT submit, post, and/or otherwise make available through the Services any User Content (as such term is defined below) that:
you do not have a right to make available under any law, rule or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), or otherwise creates a security or privacy risk for any other person or entity;
contains a software virus, worm, spyware, Trojan horse or other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, impair, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
is or is likely to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, harassing, profane, obscene, vulgar or that contains explicit or graphic imagery, descriptions or accounts of excessive violence or sexual acts (including, without limitation, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), contains a link to an adult website or is patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; and/or
that is or may be construed as in violation of this Agreement, as determined in Whatdesk’s sole discretion.
11. ADVERTISERS. From time to time, you may communicate with, receive communications from, be re-directed to, interact with, or participate in or use the services or obtain goods and services of or from, third parties (collectively, “Advertisers”) such as our advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners as a result of your use of the Site. All such communication, interaction and participation is strictly and solely between you and such Advertisers and we shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertiser or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any Advertiser).
12. USER GENERATED CONTENT.
A. You represent, warrant and covenant that (i) you own any and all User Content you make available or otherwise have the right to grant the rights, licenses and privileges described in this Agreement and to perform and comply with all of the requirements set forth herein, and (ii) you hold and shall continue to hold all the ownership, license, proprietary and other rights necessary to enter into, authorize, grant rights and perform your obligations under this Agreement and shall pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your User Content.
B. We do not acquire any title or ownership rights in the User Content that you submit and/or make available. After you submit, post, display, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in such User Content.
C. You agree that (i) you have no expectation of privacy in any User Content and (ii) no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and Whatdesk by reason of your transmitting User Content to any area of or in connection with the Services. You agree that all User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content is originated. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all User Content that you submit, upload, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available. You may not submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that is or may be construed as in violation of this Agreement, including, without limitation, Section 8 above, and/or that we deem otherwise unacceptable, as determined in Whatdesk’s sole discretion.
13. ACCESS TO AND USAGE OF THE SERVICES. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire Website, to registered Users and/or otherwise, as we determine in our sole discretion. Additionally, in order to access and use the Services, you may be required to use Device(s) and other technology meeting certain system, configuration and other requirements established by Whatdesk, its content partners, licensors and other third parties, such as platform, storefront and network operators (collectively, “Operators”), and you are responsible for ensuring that your Device(s) and other technology meet all such requirements. In addition, you are responsible for any data access, network and/or other service rates and charges you may incur in connection with your Device and use of the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that certain Services (in whole or in part), and certain content contained therein, may be accompanied by technology and/or other restrictions (e.g., digital rights management technology, etc.) that protect digital information and content from unauthorized use and access and may limit and restrict your usage of such same in accordance with certain rules and restrictions. You agree to comply with such rules and restrictions at all times, and shall not violate or attempt to violate any security components thereof.
14. MONITORING OF THE SERVICES. Whatdesk assumes no responsibility or liability for monitoring, or failing to monitor, the Services for inappropriate content or conduct; however, if at any time Whatdesk chooses in its sole discretion to monitor the Services, Whatdesk nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content, assumes no obligation to modify or remove any User Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of any User. However, we reserve the right to review any User Content and to delete, remove, move, edit or reject, without notice to you, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever, any User Content, including, without limitation, any User Content that is or may be construed as violating this Agreement, or is deemed to be unacceptable to Whatdesk, as determined in Whatdesk’s sole discretion; provided, however, that Whatdesk shall have no obligation or liability to you or any third party for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. Further, you acknowledge, consent and agree that Whatdesk may access, preserve and disclose your User Account and registration information and any other content or information if required to do so by law or if based on a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any content or information violates the rights of any third party; (d) respond to your requests for customer or technical service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Whatdesk, other Users and/or any third parties including acting in urgent circumstances.
15. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
A. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that content posted on the Service infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Services infringes upon your copyrights, your may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Designated Agent (as set forth below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further details):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Services;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written notification of claimed infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Name and Address of Designated Agent:
Whatdesk Copyright Agent
Email Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
B. If you believe that your content (which was removed or to which access was disabled) is noninfringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law, to make such content available to Whatdesk for use on the Services, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address, and a statement that you shall accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our Copyright Agent, Whatdesk may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider or the User, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Whatdesk’s sole discretion.
Please note that you may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresentation or bad-faith claims on the infringement of any content found on and/or through the Service on your copyright.
16. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Whatdesk, its affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, licensors, Advertisers, Operators, suppliers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising in any way out of or in connection with (a) your use of the Services, (b) your breach and/or violation this Agreement and/or (c) your User Content. Whatdesk reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you and all negotiations for its settlement or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with us upon our request.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with the Site and associated Services. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Whatdesk from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service provided by third-parties, any action or inaction by third-parties, including third-party’s failure to comply with applicable law, and any conduct or speech, whether online or offline, of any other user.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
A. THE SERVICES, AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND USER CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ANY GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR THAT ANY PRODUCTS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONS, SERVICES OR OPERATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE OR PERFORM AS DESCRIBED. ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND THIS SITE, AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND USER CONTENT ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY MALICIOUS CODE, DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE ASSUMING THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, ADEQUACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, AUTHENTICITY, SECURITY AND VALIDITY OF ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, USER CONTENT ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE CAPACITY OF THE SERVICES, IN THE AGGREGATE AND FOR EACH USER, IS LIMITED. CONSEQUENTLY, SOME MESSAGES AND TRANSMISSIONS MAY NOT BE PROCESSED IN A TIMELY FASHION OR AT ALL, AND SOME FEATURES OR FUNCTIONS MAY BE RESTRICTED OR DELAYED OR BECOME COMPLETELY INOPERABLE. AS A RESULT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHATDESK ASSUMES NO LIABILITY, RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION TO TRANSMIT, PROCESS, STORE, RECEIVE OR DELIVER TRANSACTIONS AND YOU ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY ADVISED NOT TO RELY UPON THE TIMELINESS OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, ACCORDINGLY SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
B. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WHATDESK, ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, OPERATORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND SUPPLIERS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES OR FROM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
18. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. All matters relating to the Services and this Agreement and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Agreement and/or the Services shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California, in each case located in the City of Mountain View and County of Santa Clara. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
19. LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS. ANY PROVISION WHICH MUST SURVIVE IN ORDER TO ALLOW US TO ENFORCE ITS MEANING SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT; HOWEVER, NO ACTION ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF FORM OR THE BASIS OF THE CLAIM, MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION HAS ARISEN (OR IF MULTIPLE CAUSES, FROM THE DATE THE FIRST SUCH CAUSE AROSE).
20. GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS; EXPORT CONTROL. The Services are controlled and operated by Whatdesk from the U.S. Whatdesk makes no representation that the Services are appropriate or available for use outside the U.S. Those who choose to access the Services from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, rules and regulation, if and to the extent local laws, rules and regulations are applicable. No software made available in connection with the Services may be downloaded, exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to U.S. export restrictions.
USER SUPPORT AND COMMENTS. Except for DMCA notifications that should be addressed to our Copyright Agent pursuant to Section 15 above, all feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: email@example.com
A. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect any other provisions and this Agreement shall be deemed amended to the extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
B. The terms “include,” “includes,” and “including,” whether or not capitalized, mean “include, but are not limited to,” “includes, but is not limited to,” and “including, but not limited to,” respectively and are to be construed as inclusive, not exclusive.
C. The failure of Whatdesk to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. This Agreement, and any rights, licenses and privileges granted herein, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned or transferred by Whatdesk without restriction, notice or other obligation to you.
D. Headings used in this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall not be used to construe meaning or intent.
E. This Agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement between you and Whatdesk concerning the Services and supersedes any and all prior or inconsistent understandings relating to the Services and your use thereof. This Agreement was last modified on the date indicated above and is effective immediately.
F. Features or services available within the Site may be discontinued at any time without notice.